Web Toolbar by Wibiya

Arcadix 3D Game Editor

A special place to show off your latest screenshots and to recieve comments on them.

Passer-by

Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:39 am

Arcadix 3D Game Editor

Hi community,

we're putting together a game creation tool that is using Axiom. It's called Arcadix 3D Game Editor. It is game object oriented and includes a game engine.

Features: (there are several limitations in the available alpha version)

Instant preview and in-game editing
Event driven game engine
Rigid body and rag-doll physics
Sound engine for spatial sound effects
Scripting in any .NET language
Axiom 3D Rendering Engine to do graphics
Deploy your game to PC

Just letting you know, thanks for your feedback :)

Tapaka
(aka andris11)

Team Member
Team Member

Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:07 am

Re: Arcadix 3D Game Editor

That looks excellent :)

//bostich

Team Member
Team Member

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:06 am

hi andris11,

unfortunatly your editor was not running on my computer, iam running on windows7 64bit, found no error within the axiom.log. in case i use your luncher, it states about a missing game.xml

any suggestions to solve?

//bostich

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:13 am

Were there any logs at all? Please try to run as administrator and pastebin AxiomEngine.log.txt and Lightfibre.Engine.log.txt. I didn't have the opportunity to try x64 at all, thanks.

Bostich wrote:in case i use your luncher, it states about a missing game.xml
The launcher is there for the purpose of exporting a game from within the editor, not useful as is.

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:01 am

andris11 wrote:pastebin AxiomEngine.log.txt and Lightfibre.Engine.log.txt
You can pastebin to http://arcadix3d.pastebin.com since this is a project separate from Axiom, thx again.

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:38 am

The x64 installer was crappy, sorry, I put it off the web. The x86 installer should install on 64-bit system as a 32-bit application, but I don't have feedback regarding that, looking toward one ;)

Team Member
Team Member

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi Andris11,

i have uninstalled the x64 version, downloaded the new one from your website, installed it again -> no luck :(

i have reinstalled XNA, the C++ redistrubutables as well. no luck :(

i have also reinstalled physx. no luck :(
i have reinstalled xna as well.

i have checked for missing dependecys, using dependeny walker -> no luck :/

really really strange :/

btw, no log file at all!

//bostich

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:26 pm

Bostich, really thanks trying all that!

I wonder there are no logs, but have you run the exe as administrator? Otherwise it can't write the logs to where it is installed - subtree of Program Files by default, or maybe it's called some else on Win7/x64, however - it's a problem I don't know how to resolve yet. If there are no logs, the app probably wasn't loaded at all, because logs are created very early.

Aside DependencyWalker to track native libs, there would be ways to know more about assembly runtime bindings using Fuslogvw.exe (part of .NET Framework SDK) and other activity using Process Monitor (need to filter it's monitoring by process name btw. or the output becomes a huge mess), I'd really appreciate your help. Can't appear on IRC as to some technical issues (doesn't connect, but also my host cloak expired already). Just if you like to, thanks.

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:37 pm

I think I have it, it's that the main executable is compiled targetting "Any processor" and therefore attempts to load into the 64-bit domain on x64, but then the 32-bit flagged dependent modules (both managed and native) cannot be loaded. At least according to this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms973190.aspx . I need to make the main exe 32-bit, then everything should load under the WoW64 feature of Windows 64-bit. Will be back soon. EDIT using corflags.exe from .NET SDK you could do a "corflags Arcadix3D.exe /32BIT+" to make it a 32-bit assembly ;) I'll let you know when the installer is updated. So long EDIT made it yet, the installer is updated, pls let me know how it worked

Team Member
Team Member

Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:46 pm

andris11 wrote:I think I have it, it's that the main executable is compiled targetting "Any processor" and therefore attempts to load into the 64-bit domain on x64, but then the 32-bit flagged dependent modules (both managed and native) cannot be loaded. At least according to this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms973190.aspx . I need to make the main exe 32-bit, then everything should load under the WoW64 feature of Windows 64-bit. Will be back soon. EDIT using corflags.exe from .NET SDK you could do a "corflags Arcadix3D.exe /32BIT+" to make it a 32-bit assembly ;) I'll let you know when the installer is updated. So long EDIT made it yet, the installer is updated, pls let me know how it worked

I downloaded and installed the new MSI and it's working nicely on a Win7 x64 system
Borrillis
The Steward of Axiom

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:35 am

Borrillis wrote:I downloaded and installed the new MSI and it's working nicely on a Win7 x64 system
That's awesome news! Thanks :)

Team Member
Team Member

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 am

Hi guys,

i've looked a bit into the process monitor, everything was looking fine. and since brorrillis seems to be able to get it working, i feel bit stupid now :D

so, iam looking forward to the new installer package to give it a try again ;)

//bostich

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:43 am

Bostich wrote:so, iam looking forward to the new installer package to give it a try again ;)
Above, Borrillis already used the *new* installer ;) The issue was the 32-bit flag not set for the main assembly

Regular

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:13 pm

I guess this is the first project demonstrating Axiom and PhysX. Hope to see eventually a simple tutorial as part of the distribute package on physX in Axiom. Keep it up

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:39 pm

WinterMan wrote:Hope to see eventually a simple tutorial as part of the distribute package on physX in Axiom
Our code wouldn't be much an Axiom example, because we use a GameObject abstraction over Axiom structures. However, some ideas on how to use physics with Axiom can be found here, or search the forum (need to google for "physics site:www.axiom3d.net" in case the embedded search is broken)
Next

Return to Project Showcase